The Education Committee, which acts as liaison between the Board of Representatives and Board of Education, has primary responsibility for monitoring activities of Stamford Public Schools and the Board of Education. The Education Committee considers and makes recommendations on:
- contracts for school construction projects;
- fiscal appropriations relating to educational projects, leases and/or initiatives (as secondary committee);
- academic programs, budget information and internal organization structure
In addition, the Education Committee reviews:
- Board of Education policies and procedures;
- Board of Education strategic plans and academic achievement.
Typical Meeting Date: Last Thursday of the month.