The Operations Committee deals with the public works functions in the City of Stamford and has primary responsibility for monitoring activities of the City’s Operations Department including trash pickup, snow and leaf removal and recycling and approval of contracts relating thereto. The Operations Committee considers and makes recommendations on:
- contracts for trash pickup, snow and leaf removal and recycling;
- construction projects and contracts relating thereto;
- contracts related to Government Center operations such as security and parking procedures;
- contracts for the Norwalk Transit District’s assumption of the former Dial-a-Ride Program;
- fees relating to street use and street openings, tipping and other fees;
- fiscal appropriations relating to City construction projects, purchases and/or initiatives (as secondary committee).
- actions relating to the activities of the WPCA.
Typical Meeting Date: The third Monday of the month